How long does it take to complete the Training Program?
- The online live webinar portion is 40 sessions of 2 hours each for 80 hours, plus learning integration exercises between sessions, for a total of 100 hours. If you choose the Certification option, you will need to spend approximately 2-4 hours to prepare your case study, and you will have 6 months after the end of the course to pass your exam and submit your case study.
If I'm brand new to genomics, can I enroll in the Training Program?
What are the benefits of the Training Program?
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the biochemistry, physiology, and genomics that underlie many of the chronic diseases you see in practice today, PLUS the clinical tools and strategies you need to create personalized genomic medicine or nutrition programs for your patients.
- Transform your practice, improve patient outcomes, and differentiate yourself from the competition by being a leader in providing personalized, DNA-directed healthcare.
- Establish yourself as an expert in your area.
- Add effective business tools and strategies to grow your practice.
- Enjoy weekly interaction with your instructors and colleagues.
- Become part of a community of like-minded colleagues.
- Earn CPE continuing education credits.
- Receive a certificate demonstrating successful completion of the Training Program.
- Enjoy priority for patient/client referral requests in your area.
What are the benefits of Certification in addition to the Training Program?
- Establish yourself as a true Genomic Medicine or Nutrition and Culinary Genomics expert.
- Receive a handsome certificate announcing your Certification status, suitable for framing and displaying in your office.
- Be listed as a Certified Genoma International clinician, and receive top priority for patient/client referral requests in your area.
- Be eligible to join our clinical support or corporate wellness team.
- Receive additional perks and discounts available only to Certified clinicians.
Does the program qualify for continuing education credits?
- Genoma International is a CDR accredited provider for CPE credits for dietitians; 100 CPE credits are available for the Training Program. The certification portion, including preparation and submission of the case study, is not eligible for CPE credits. Physicians wishing to claim credit may apply the CPE credits toward AMA PRA Category 2. Other healthcare professionals please check with your licensing and/or accrediting bodies to see if you can claim continuing education credits.
Who teaches the program?
- Instructors Joe Veltmann, PhD, DCCM, FAAIM and Roberta Kline, MD, FACOG lead the Training Program, and Amanda Archibald, RD leads the Culinary Genomics portions. Together they have more than 70 years of collective experience in healthcare - ranging from private practice, corporate wellness, and commercial settings. They have extensive experience designing and teaching courses to the public, healthcare professionals, and at universities. To learn more about our instructors, click here.
What if I only want to take some of the Modules - can I still take the Program?
- You must successfully complete all of the required Modules to earn your certificate of completion. If you only want to take some of the Modules, or go at a slower pace, you may choose to purchase pre-recorded Modules individually here.
I've already had genomic testing done by another company. Can I use that?
- No. This Program is designed to help you get the most out of our reports. Genoma International's testing and reports are far more comprehensive, and provide the necessary tools for optimal learning.
I've already had my Ultimate Wellness test done. Can I use that?
- You can use the Ultimate Wellness test included in the Program for a family member or patient if you have already had your own test done. Please contact us to see if we need to update your current report.
Can I use the information learned in this course to interpret raw data from other genomic testing companies such as 23andme?
- This program is designed for Genoma International clinicians. It is intended to provide the information you need to most effectively use Genoma International's comprehensive genomic testing, and integrate it within a whole-person approach to health. While you can apply this knowledge of genomic medicine and culinary genomics to all of your patients, this program is not designed to provide instruction on interpreting raw data or results from other testing companies.
I'm still not sure if this is the right course for me. Can you provide any suggestions for helping me decide?
- The program is for serious clinicians who are vested in their professional growth and development, and are interested in diving in and embracing a comprehensive approach toward genomic medicine. Our focus is to train clinicians to use Genoma International genomic testing within a comprehensive approach to genomic medicine and nutrition effectively and with confidence.
- If you are looking for protocols and a cookie-cutter approach to genomics, this course is not for you.
- Our goal is to provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge and critical thinking skills to be able to use genomics now, and as it continues to grow in the future.
To accomplish that, this course is unique in several ways:
1. We teach both the science and the clinical integration, demonstrating with case histories. Dr. Veltmann and Dr. Kline have more than 24 years collectively actually using genomics in a clinical setting.
2. Amanda Archibald RD teaches the culinary genomics translations, a valuable tool for clinical application that's offered nowhere else.
3. Our proprietary GENESIS Matrix (TM) clinical model provides a framework to help you put things all together, for much more effective way to approach genomics within an integrated, whole person health model.
4. The section on professional development, business and marketing strategies will help you create a successful and rewarding practice with genomic medicine or nutrition.
5. The sessions are live and provide for ability to interact and ask questions. Sessions are also recorded in case you miss a live session, or if you want to go back and listen to it again. The handouts and slides are yours to keep; the videos are available for 6 months after course completion.
6. We include an Ultimate Wellness test for each student so that you will have an experiential component to learn how to actually do and implement what you are learning.
7. If you're interested in the certification, you'll benefit from extra learning through the process of creating the case study.
Read testimonials from our students.
What is your refund policy?
- Registration is limited so we can provide a more intimate learning environment with lots of opportunity to interact with your instructors and colleagues in the live sessions. When you register, you are taking a spot that is no longer available to anyone else. For this reason, our refund policy is as follows:
- Cancellation before June 1, 2018: We will refund your registration fee, minus a $100 service charge. If you have already submitted your sample for genomic testing, the cost of the testing will be deducted from your refund.
- Cancellation after June 1, 2018 and before June 14, 2018: We will refund your registration fee, minus a $250 service charge. If you have already submitted your sample for genomic testing, the cost of the testing will be deducted from your refund.
- Cancellation after June 14, 2018: No refunds will be given. If there are extenuating circumstances, these will be handled on an individual basis and at the sole discretion of Genoma International.